What Is Pakistani Sheer Khurma Recipe
Sheer khurma is a type of Pakistani dessert that is made with vermicelli noodles, milk, sugar, ghee, and nuts. It is often served during festivals and celebrations.
The word sheer means milk and khurma comes from the Persian word for date, so sheer khurma literally means milk and dates. This dessert is thought to have originated in the Persian region and made its way to Pakistan via the Mughal Empire.
Sheer khurma is usually made with seviyan, which are thin vermicelli noodles. These noodles are soaked in water until they soften, then cooked in milk and sugar until they are thick and creamy. Ghee, or clarified butter, is added for richness, and nuts and dried fruits are used for garnish.
This dessert can be served hot or cold, and is typically served during special occasions such as Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. Sheer khurma is a delicious way to celebrate with friends and family.
How Healthy Pakistani Sheer Khurma Is
When it comes to festive foods, sheer khurma is a must-have dish in Pakistan. Made with milk, vermicelli, ghee, nuts and dried fruits, this rich and creamy pudding is usually served after Eid prayers and is enjoyed by young and old alike.
While sheer khurma is undoubtedly delicious, it is also packed with nutrients that can help to keep you healthy. Here are just a few of the health benefits that this traditional Pakistani dish can offer:
- A good source of energy: Sheer khurma is a great source of energy, thanks to the carbohydrates in the vermicelli and the fats in the ghee and milk. If you’re looking for a dish to help you power through a busy day, this is it.
- Aids digestion: The ghee in sheer khurma can help to lubricate the intestines, making it easier for food to pass through. This can help to prevent constipation and other digestive issues.
- Boosts immunity: The milk and nuts in sheer khurma are both excellent sources of vitamin C, a nutrient that is essential for a strong immune system.
- Keeps you hydrated: Sheer khurma is made with milk, which is around 87% water. This makes it a great option for staying hydrated, especially during the hot summer months.
- Good for your bones: The calcium in milk is essential for strong bones, and the phosphorus in nuts also helps to keep bones healthy.
So, there you have it – five reasons to enjoy a bowl of sheer khurma next time you’re celebrating with family and friends. Not only is this dish delicious, but it can also help you to maintain your health and wellbeing.
Types Of Pakistani Sheer Khurma Recipe
Sheer khurma is a type of Pakistani dessert that is made with vermicelli noodles, milk, and sugar. It is often served during festivals and celebrations, and is a popular choice for weddings and other special occasions. There are many different types of Pakistani sheer khurma recipe, each with its own unique flavor and ingredients.
The most common type of sheer khurma is made with vermicelli noodles that are cooked in milk and sugar. Other ingredients such as nuts, dried fruits, and spices can be added to the recipe to give it a more unique flavor. Some people also like to add cream or ice cream to their sheer khurma to make it even more rich and creamy.
No matter what type of Pakistani sheer khurma recipe you choose, it is sure to be a delicious and satisfying dessert. If you are looking for a unique and exotic dessert to serve at your next party or event, consider making Pakistani sheer khurma. Your guests will be sure to enjoy this delicious treat!
Step By Step Pakistani Sheer Khurma Recipe
Sheer khurma is a traditional Pakistani dessert that is made with vermicelli, milk, and sugar. It is often served during festivals and celebrations.
1 cup vermicelli
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 tablespoon ghee
1 cup chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, and cashews)
- Soak the vermicelli in water for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat the milk and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cardamom powder and ghee.
- Add the soaked vermicelli and cook until it is tender.
- Add the chopped nuts and serve hot.